HRRP Notice Regarding Masons Training: in light of the continued investment in masons training
02 April, 2018
HRRP Notice Regarding Masons Training: in light of the continued investment in masons training, we would like to highlight the following:
- Masons training in the 14 districts has effectively reached saturation point.
- There has been very limited masons training in the 18 moderately affected districts.
- Many houses are being built by masons from outside of the 14 districts who have not received any training.
- Investment in masons training has limited impact if it is not accompanied by on-going door-to-door technical assistance.
There are major issues with quality of training being provided, for example;
- 7-day mason training being provided people that had not been working as masons previously
- Female participants working as labourers / assistants during the training instead of being treated as full participants
- Training participants not being able to take part in all the practical parts of the training due to there not being enough materials for everyone
- Insufficient number of trainers, e.g. one trainer for 40 participants